Please find below our Terms and Conditions of Sale, which will be applied to all transactions with C.O.Cycles Ltd.
• The order shall only be deemed accepted by us when you have paid for the goods, and we send a confirmation of receipt of payment.
. Any email, order confirmation or other electronic acknowledgement by us of receipt of an order does not constitute legal acceptance by us of your order. We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending an email confirming goods have been dispatched. The contract between us is formed when we send you the dispatch confirmation.
• All orders placed via the website are subject to stock availability and to the validation checks described in the clauses below. In the unlikely event that you are able to place an order for an item that is not available from stock, we will contact you as soon as possible. Depending on the time period for stock to arrive you may be given the option to wait for your items or your order will be cancelled. In these circumstances, upon cancellation, you will be refunded in full.
• We currently only accept orders for delivery to UK mainland addresses and selected European destinations (those offered at checkout) for motor kits, spares and accessories. Other parts of UK (Islands etc.) and Europe may incur an additional charge for delivery and should be expressly requested for consideration/cost via email at email@example.com and entitled ‘Shipping request’. Complete electric bikes/conversions are only available via delivery to and/or collection from our workshop, although requests will be considered on a case by case basis, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled ‘Shipping request’
• The only language in which the contract can be concluded is English.
• Where the customer has been directed to the website as a result of a third-party site, these sites are independent from us and we are not responsible or liable for such sites. Customers should consult the terms and conditions of the site in questions for more information.
• Goods are described on the website.
• We reserve the right to amend the product description if required at any time
• Images of the goods on the website are for illustrative purposes only. Representations of colour are as accurate as our photographic and electronic processes will allow. Please note that colour online may also be affected by the calibrations of different output devices.
• All weights and sizes are supplied as a guide and are only approximate.
• Guided sales, Buyers guides and all other advice articles have been produced by C.O. CyclesLtd to help you in your purchasing decisions and to give guidance. These articles are provided for general information, but if you are in any doubt, you should seek help from an appropriate professional. We accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury arising as a result of the advice contained on our website.
• In the event that there are any errors regarding price or description, we reserve the right to correct that price or description and notify you accordingly. In these circumstances, it will be deemed that a contract has not been entered into and you will not be bound to continue with your purchase. We will cancel your order and payment will be refunded in full. The repayment of such monies paid to us will be the extent of our liability to you in the event of such errors.
• The price of the goods is the price set out on the website at the time you submit your order. All prices are shown in Pounds Sterling (GBP).
• The price of the goods does not include delivery charges which will be advised during the checkout process before you confirm the order.
• The price of the goods is inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rate chargeable in the UK. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of the order and the date of date of delivery we will adjust the VAT you pay unless you have paid for the goods in full before the change in VAT.
• Payments via the website are transacted using our PayPal.
Order Processing Times:
We endeavour to process all orders placed via the Internet on the same or next day between Monday and Friday during our normal opening hours. No orders are processed over the weekend or Bank Holidays.
Orders are normally dispatched within 24 hours of our receipt. However, orders placed over the weekend or Bank Holidays may take an extra day to process due to greater volume on Mondays.
Stock shortages are notified as we process orders by e-mail, telephone or post. We attempt to keep all items in stock unless indicated on the website. Our standard mainland delivery service takes approximately 2-3 working days.
Export delivery times vary and are dependent on the destination country.
Deliveries are made between 09:00 and 18:00 hours Monday to Friday.
Most deliveries will require someone to sign for the parcel.
If the parcel is very small the postman may put it through your letterbox.
Delivery of Goods
• We can only provide delivery to the destinations within the United Kingdom and Europe as offered at the checkout of our online store. For deliveries to non-mainland UK addresses and certain remote locations e.g. Scottish Isles, Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands, there may be an additional surcharge imposed and a slightly longer delivery time. In all cases, where the shipping destination is not offered at checkout, please send an enquiry via email with details of the desired shipping destination to email@example.com entitled ‘Shipping request’.
• We may deliver the goods by instalment. You will be informed if this method is adopted, this doesn’t entitle cancellation of the order.
• Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only and we cannot be held liable for any costs incurred if delivery is delayed.
• Our Third Party Couriers can normally deliver direct delivery orders between the hours of 9am and 6pm. Where possible, our Third Party Couriers provide a one hour time slot for deliveries on the day of delivery.
• Delivery of an order shall be completed when we deliver the goods to the delivery address given in the order.
• The goods will be your responsibility from the time of delivery.
• Where the courier is unable to deliver the goods, there are options to leave with a neighbour or reschedule delivery provided directly by the third party courier.
• We shall have no liability for any delay in delivery of the goods where the delay or failure is caused by either an event outside our control or the customer’s failure to provide us with adequate delivery instructions or any instructions that are relevant to the supply of the goods.
Refunds and Returns
• If you are a customer you have a legal right to cancel a contract under the consumer contracts (information, cancellation and additional charges) regulations 2013 within 28 days of receipt of goods. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any reason that you do not want to keep the goods you can notify us of your decision to cancel the contract and receive a refund. Alternatively, you are entitled to request an exchange within the same period of time and the below provisions also apply to exchanges.
• Your legal right to cancel a contract starts from the contract date (date on your order confirmation) as this is when the contract between us is formed.
• To cancel a contract with C.O. Cycles Ltd you will need to inform us that you have decided to cancel. If you wish to exercise this right please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of ‘Order Cancellation’ and the order reference number.
• Upon receiving your cancellation request you then have 14 days, after notifying us of your wish to cancel your order as long as it’s within the 28 days, to return the goods to us. If we do not receive the goods in this time we will take it that you have changed your mind and the cancellation will be closed.
• Upon receiving the goods C.O. Cycles Ltd will refund you the price that you paid for the goods but please note if the value of the goods have been diminished by any amount as a result of handling of the goods by the consumer beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods, we (as the trader) may recover that amount from you (as the consumer) up to the contract price.
• Upon receiving the goods back we will make any refunds due to you within 14 days of receiving the goods.
• We will refund you via the payment method used to pay for the goods.
After Sales Service and Guarantees
All E-bike purchases, motor kit and battery purchases are covered by a 1-year return to base limited warranty. Small parts, components and accessories are covered by a 3 month return to base limited warranty. Please contact us directly via our ‘contact’ page, via email email@example.com’ or at the workshop on 07404332757 with any queries. We will always work to reach a satisfactory conclusion and strive to supply our customers with the very best service at all times.
• All warranties are non-transferable and only apply for the original customer. Please note that if you buy goods with C.O.Cycles Ltd warranty, opposed to Manufacturer warranty, we are guaranteeing that those goods will work during the warranty period. If you replace the goods during the warranty period the warranty doesn’t start again. You will only benefit from the remaining period of the original warranty. Where possible we will try to be flexible with this on a case by case basis.
Complaints and Queries
• If you are not happy with any aspect of our online service, discover a fault with our website or if you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of ‘Complaints’
Safe Shopping Guarantee
• We have made every effort to ensure that shopping on the internet is as safe as purchasing in stores.
• Although C.O. Cycles Ltd endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the complete security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing personal information and dealing online. C.O Cycles Ltd cannot be held responsible for any breach of security unless it is due to our negligence.
• If we fail to comply with these conditions we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these conditions or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
• We only supply the goods for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the goods for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by an event outside our control. An event outside our control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third-parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
C.O. Cycles Ltd may amend these conditions from time to time without prior notice.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly to provide you with the best possible service. We will give you the option to refuse any future marketing email from us.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
* Payment card details are only recorded to process telephone orders, online (website) orders are processed using a secure server and no card details are handled or stored by us.
We will never collect sensitive information about you unless you choose to provide this to us. Any such information will only be used for the purpose it has been provided for.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct this promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. Information is not used to identify individuals, but may be collected to provide us with an understanding how our site is being used. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. Cookies are devices which identify your computer to our server and personalise the site for your use. A cookie will not provide us with any personal information about you. You can amend your browser settings to prevent cookies, but this might affect your use of this site. For more information, please read the EU Cookie Directive Policy.
Other Important Terms
• We may transfer our rights and obligations under a contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these conditions
• You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these conditions to another person only if we agree in writing.
• Your contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
• Each of the sections/points of these conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable the remaining sections/points will remain in full force and effect.
If you need any help or would like to share feedback with us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com
Test rides and demonstrations by prior arrangement.
Contact the workshop direct on
07404332757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org